Many people now know of this series thanks to HBO, I had first heard of it a few years ago when my husband started reading the series. He has been telling me for years now to read it and I have put it off because it is such a huge commitment (it is long series of books). But I have been so enthralled with reading lately I thought a nice saga was just what I needed. Here it goes.
You know how everyone is reading “The Help” right now, particularly because the movie is getting such great reviews. Well, when “The Hunger Games” movie comes out EVERYONE will start reading those books too. So I encourage you to be ahead of the curve and start now, so you can share in the excitement us fans are feeling about seeing this story come to life. I read the first book in 2 days, 2 work days I might add (on night did involve staying up until 1:15 – I just could not put it down). The first books ability to hold my attention puts it right up there with Twilight, The Time Travelers Wife, Harry Potter, and Water for Elephants. Read it!
Wes and Mary gave me this great cookbook last night and I was flipping through the pages drooling. The recipe’s are very do-able and what I love about the book is it has big beautiful pictures for every single recipe. One of the recipe ideas I loved was their Last Minute Lasagna:
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 45m
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 2 30-ounce bags frozen large cheese ravioli, unthawed
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in a third of the sauce.
- Arrange 12 ravioli on top and scatter the spinach over them. Top with half of each cheese. Cover with another layer of ravioli and the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until bubbly.