I this on a blog recently and thought I would share, I had no idea you could bake eggs in the oven instead of boiling them. Crazy!
Alton Brown’s Baked Eggs
Prep Time: 2 min.
Total Time: 32 min.
2 – 4 dozen eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Position the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- Place the eggs parallel to the bars on the racks. (see picture below)
- Place a baking sheet pan in the bottom of the oven (just in case an egg breaks). I have never had a mess in my oven in all the times I have made this recipe. I have had eggs break, but they cooked inside when they do so there is no mess
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the eggs are done, fill a large bowl with ice water and move the eggs into the bowl. I do this a few minutes ahead of time to make sure the water is COLD!
- Peel the eggs as soon as they’re cool enough to handle, then return them to the ice water to thoroughly chill. I think that the eggs are easier to peel if they are allowed to chill in the water for at least 10 minutes. Also, I peel the eggs under cool running water.